I’m sorry to say, but your About page on your kitchen and bath website might not be all that great. I haven’t looked at yours personally, but the majority of about pages fail hard. The about page is always in the top 10 most viewed pages for my clients. Sometimes even in the top 5!
It doesn’t take much to improve your company about page. Below are 5 tips to get you going.
1. Shoot for 500 words: It doesn’t have to be a novel, but I would at least try to make it 500 words long. You can use the word count feature in Microsoft Office and copy/paste your about page into a document. Then look at the bottom left to see the word count.
2. Include a picture: A few pictures would be nice, but I would include at least 1 picture of either yourself or your employees. Customers want to see the person behind the business. A remodel isn’t a cheap investment, they want to see who they are working with.
3. Include a link: Somewhere in the copy include a link to a service page. If you don’t have a service page I recommend you create at least a page dedicated for kitchen remodels and one for bathroom remodels. Users might land on your about page so you want to funnel them to your more important pages.
4. Tell your story: Like I mentioned above, people would rather buy from people, not from a business. Tell how you got started, how you worked 18hrs a day to get this business going, how important it is to you. But also include a few personal details like what you enjoy doing or what the environment is like at your business. Share a funny staff story.
5. CTA: When it comes down to it, it’s all about the Call To Action. You want people to buy or contact you. I would include a CTA at the bottom of your page. Book a Consultation is a perfect CTA.
If you have questions, comment below!